It wasn’t new news, but it hit me between the eyes. It happened as I was praying for one of my kids. Of course praying for my angels is a never ending event, considering the Lord blessed me with 13 of the most amazing children on the earth.
I had seen the enemy attack this youngster in many ways. This one had submitted wholly to the Lord’s will in a type of Isaac sacrifice. My child was struggling in areas of confidence, in relationships, and in walking in complete victory.
As I looked back over their life, I wondered where had I missed it. It seemed to me, that encouragement, training, edification, love, and the Lord’s direction had been sought since this darling was little. How could our child’s confidence have been diminished by the enemy? How could this be the result of all of my best efforts?
As I lay there praying and talking to the Lord about this, His sweet voice seemed to whisper questions straight from His throne room. Instead of hearing what I needed to do for my precious young one, I was hearing questions regarding us as His children.
These questions echoed as truth began to radiate into my soul. The questions were something like this,
1) Do you see My children without struggle in their confidence, and relationships?
2) Are my children walking in the complete victory I have given them?
3)Do my children act as if no weapon formed against them will prosper?
Then, the questions became more personal. “Are you walking in the confidence, victory, joy, and blessing I purchased for you? Are you always acting like my princess? Are you revealing My glory, My power, My mountain-moving faith in every area of your life?”
Wow, these questions were penetrating my inner being.
I love how the Lord communicates everything so clearly, making it so very easy to get. Even when He really, as my kids like to say, “burns” me, I am only thankful and delighted to hear His reproof.
How true is this! Does the church seem very victorious to the world? We almost look like the biggest loser.
In the past, the church has suffered losses in elections, on social issues, in our marriages, with our children’s souls, with our pastors and our leaders integrity and witness, and with our very worldy looking failed families. All of these seem to poorly reflect the victory Christ has bought.
We must rise up in the victory we have been gloriously given. Where is our boldness, and confidence? Isn’t our very own Father the Creator of all things?
Here are some scriptures that we need to set our minds on and grab hold of the His endless supply waiting to be found:
1) 2Tim 1:7 (KJV) For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
2) Romans 4:20 – 21 (KJV) He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God. And being fully persuaded, that what he had promised, he was able also to perform.
3) Lu.10:19 (KJV) Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
4) 1Jn.5:4 (KJV) For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5) Romans 5:17 (NAS) For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.
As I close, I ask you to answer His questions above for yourself. As our pastor likes to say, then you can repent if your answer does not align with His Word. Then, make a decision to reign in life from this day, and forevermore.
Bless you all,